17 February 2009

Be careful IV ...

Update, for those who care:
The snowstorm continues. Yesterday it spat rain, icy pellets and snow off and on all day; then it snowed overnight, leaving a fresh two-and-a-half inches on top of the rotting snow from previous days. And today, it started snowing again at around 7 a.m., sometimes heavily, sometimes lightly, but continuously. It’s hard to say how much of it is sticking; it’s 36 degrees, so it’s a wet snow with fat, clumpy, feather-like flakes. The sound of the older snow melting from underneath – drip, drip, drip – is prevalent outside.

Inside, the woodstove has been blazing night and day, its little fan blowing heated air into the room. By mid-day, the temp reaches between 68-70. It depends on how faithful I am about feeding the stove fresh firewood. But the rest of the house is chillier. My den ranges between 55 and 60, so I’m spending most of my time in the sitting room and kitchen. So are the cat and the dog. They’re smart.

And I’m grateful I don’t have anywhere else I have to be right now.

No comments: