02 May 2006

Wee griskins


I had the oddest dream the other morning.
In it, there were these things ... in the dark ...
jabbering ... like little creatures ...
or people ...
making the strangest sounds ...
little moans and laughs and sorta chewy noises ...
and I couldn't figure out what they were.
They sounded like little griskins
or goblins... not real pleasant sounds ...
but not scary, either ...
I opened my eyes ... woke up ...
and I could still hear them.
And I laid there ... just ... listening ...
trying to figger out what was making those sounds.
I didn't really want to look ...
It was a sort of dreadful, yet fascinated feeling.
Well ... they just went on ...
little rooooowwers and bokokwrrrowssss
and so loud in the early morning quiet.
Finally, I had to look....
So I did ...
and there was nothing.
But the sounds kept on ...
so I tried to figure out where they were coming from ...
and I saw the dog, laying on his bed ...
He wasn't concerned about the sounds.
In fact, he was sleeping so peacefully I was jealous.
And then I realized.
It was his stomach!

No comments: