06 September 2007

Pavarotti - Nessun Dorma

Luciano Pavarotti died as dawn broke this morning at his home in Modena, in northern Italy. Pavarotti fought a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 71 years old. One of the greatest tenors the world has ever known, for 40 years his magnificent voice and expressive, beautiful face have moved the world to joy and tears.

RIP, Maestro.

Nessun Dorma

No one's sleeping! No one's sleeping!
This evening, icy princess
perhaps in your cold chambers,
watch all the bright stars
that tremble both with loving
and with desire
I keep my secret locked inside.
No one shall ever know my name!
No, no! When our two mouths
touch, she'll learn it,
when the morning light shines forth!
And then my kisses will dissolve
her silence and she will be mine!
May this night end! May all the stars set!
And may all the stars set!
When dawn breaks, I shall win!

No comments: