03 April 2007

Twitterpated VI


"Cobwebs" now cover most of the window.
At the bottom of the photo is "Dubya,"
so named because like George W. Bush,
he keeps fighting a war he's doomed to lose.


Fortunately, Dubya Towhee can't take the lives of tens of thousands of Americans, Iraqis and Afghanis in his mad little war against his own reflection. And unlike his namesake, he also can't fight more than one war at a time. Thank goodness for that.

Dubya Towhee has taken to throwing himself at the lower right hand corner of the window, where there are no "cobwebs." His will is faltering, though. At 12:30 p.m., he's off doing more wholesome towhee things, I hope.

Nope, I spoke too soon again -- he's back. At least I don't think he can batter himself to death against the glass anymore. I can almost hear him saying "I won't leave until I succeed."

Birdbrain.


Update:
Not such a birdbrain. He came back that one last time, then saw the light. It's a bit after 6 p.m. now and my little friend hasn't been back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try putting a cutout picture of a horse on W's preferred point of impact. Who knows? Might help.